NOW HIRING: Lab QA/QC Manager
Job Title: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Location: Neshaminy Creek Brewing Co.
909 Ray Avenue
Croydon, PA 19021
Job Description: The QA/QC Manager must set and ensure that all products meet the proper specifications. This includes everything from raw materials to packaged product. This position overlaps with many other areas of the brewery but generally requires the ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring batch to batch consistency – from raw material analysis to testing on packaged product
- Identify, react to and monitor critical control points
- Yeast Management – brinking, propagation, cell counting and viability
- Conduct sensory panel
- Data logging and analysis
- Fermentation Management – gravities, pH, temperature adjustments, etc.
- Maintain, propagate and play with bacterial cultures and wild yeast
- Maintain & calibrate testing equipment – pipettors, dissolved oxygen meters, pH meters, refractometer, etc.
- Maintain SOPs, brew sheets, and logs
- Basic Microbiology
- Forced Diacetyl Tests
- Wort Stability Tests
- Chemical Titration
- Water Analysis
- Pilot test batch brewing
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will be required to climb, crouch, bend over, etc.
- Must possess strong computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs
- Must be hard working and self-motivated
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must also work well in small groups
- Must be able to think critically and troubleshoot
- Should ideally have previous laboratory experience – general lab skills, aseptic technique
- Should have a scientific background – biology, chemistry, food science, brewing, etc.
- Should have a strong understanding of the brewing process
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org