Here we sit, the first day after Labor Day, 17 days from the start of Fall, and yet when you look at our space you’d think it’s still the first week of May. Mother Nature has delivered a cruel set of blows in the form of the wettest month of August on record ever for the Philadelphia area; all that before a Category 1 hurricane decided to whip its way up the East Coast and dump a considerable amount of water on the Delaware Valley and our neighbors to the north and south. All that weather pushed our original hookup date for our building’s three phase power from August 19th to the 29th. And, as luck would have it, the 29th was less than 36 hours after Hurricane Irene made a mess of the Neshaminy Creek and other tributaries up and down the East Coast as well as knocking out power to over 50,000 customers in Southeast PA. Needless to say, we weren’t expecting Peco to be able to get to our new install very quickly in the face of such a large number of customers without power for so long, but today we got the call informing us that our newly rescheduled date for the hookup is now Tuesday, September 13th, which oddly enough, is the same date as our rescheduled shipment of our brewhouse and tanks. Fate? Omen? You be the judge.
In the meantime we’re still awaiting the final approval of our Manufacturer’s License from the State of Pennsylvania. Coincidentally enough, September 13th will officially be 120 days since our application was received by the PLCB. Are you starting to see a pattern here? It took the TTB 131 days to approval our federal application for a Brewery Notice so at this point we’re not out of the realm of the unexpected, but it’d be nice to see some positive news and paperwork in the mail any day now. Right?
Keeping our licensing situation in mind, right now we’re scheduled to participate in the Newtown Beer Fest on September 24th. We’re really excited to be involved this year and right now it looks like we’re going to have our IPA, Brown Ale, and Oatmeal Sweet Stout with us for sampling. One thing we’d like to mention though is that we’ve let the promoters know that if our state license isn’t approved by the fest we’re going to have to cancel our appearance. Since we’re not legally allowed to sell any beer yet we don’t want to run into any grey areas that might jeopardize our license status. We simply don’t want to take any chances by representing ourselves as a legal brewery at an event that is charging for admittance. So, keep your fingers crossed that everything with the state gets sorted out in the next 18 days because we really want to show everyone at this year’s event what Neshaminy Creek Brewing is all about!
Keeping things positive, we’re excited to report that our gift shop and tasting room are almost complete. We’ve just got a few final touches to add and we’ll be ready to rock ‘n roll. We’ll most likely be pouring samples of our pilots at the brewery in the coming weeks and what better way to celebrate the delivery of seven shimmering towers of stainless steel awesomeness than with a few samples of beers you can expect to see from us in the coming months fresh and on tap in our tasting room! This wait is so frustrating but we’re excited with what the future holds and can’t wait to help put Bucks County beer on the map!
There you have it, the latest and greatest of what is going on in our neck in the woods. Hopefully we’ll have some great things to report on in the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone that has come out to one of our tastings and shown so much support to this endeavor. It really means a lot to us to see how much people have really gotten behind this project.
Until our next update….